Buying points allows the bettor to alter the point spread or total of a football or basketball game. With this feature, the bettor can adjust the point spread higher or lower to possibly help the bet result in a win. Buying points on the underdog will gain points and buying points on the favorite will reduce the number of points removed at the end of the game. For example:
- The Minnesota Vikings have a point spread of +5
- Buying 2 points for the Vikings will turn their spread to +7
- The Green Bay Packers have a point spread of -5
- Buying 2 points for the Packers will turn their spread to -3
Cost of points:
- When buying the first ½ point or full point, the juice increases 10 cents per ½ point.
- Anything beyond the first point results in an increased juice of 20 cents per ½ point.
- There is a cap at buying no more than 3 points for both Football and Basketball (including the college and professional levels).
Note: there is a special rule applicable for those interested in buying points on the spread in football:
- When buying on or off the 3, there is an extra cost of 15¢ on NFL and 10¢ on College Football.
- When buying on or off the 7 there is an extra cost of 10¢ on both NFL and College Football.
Disclaimer: All rules, regulations and payoffs contained herein are subject to change and revision by management without prior notice.